Friday, September 2, 2011

Foody Friday - Zucchini Pizza

Zucchini and Okra is taking over my summer/fall diet. But, on the positive side, it's forcing me to be more creative in the kitchen. And it's forcing me to finally learn how to spell the word zuchinni....zuchhini....zucchinni...

ZUCCHINI! There we go! 

Zucchini Pizza



Make up your favorite pizza dough recipe. I used 1/4 of Pioneer Woman's Pizza Crust Recipe.  Then I set it aside to rise. 

Slice up one medium zucchini. Zucchini have their best flavor when they are small, don't let them grow huge before you pick them. Pick them when the vegetable is about 2-3" in diameter. If you can't wrap your wrap your middle finger and thumb around it and touch (or almost touch) it's way too big. 

Saute the zucchini in butter or olive oil for a few minutes until just beginning to brown. Set aside. 

Prepare pizza dough. Cover dough lightly with Parmesan cheese. Layer zucchini on top. Sprinkle zucchini with dried basil. Place shredded Mozzarella cheese on top of zucchini. Place in 500 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly. 


This pizza was great! Even though I cooked it a bit long :)
Don't make more than you can eat though because although it was wonderful, warmed up days later it wasn't quite as good. 

ZUCCHINI!! I done learnt how to spell it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails